Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Help for the Haunted

Help For the Haunted
Author: John Searles
Book review – A.S.



In my opinion, Help for the Haunted was overall a bit of a boring book. I enjoy how the main characters are introduced fairly quickly, and although the author doesn’t tell you what happens in the beginning of the book, it’s implied so the reader can easily figure out what went on. The author used great detail, but I felt that the book was very slow-moving. Some of the conversations that went on were almost pointless, and it took a really long time for the Author to reveal what you’ve been waiting to read. In one of the chapters, the title has nothing to do with what is written inside of it. It was hard to keep reading when I had nothing that kept me interested. Throughout the whole book, I waited to learn what had happened. Instead of the Author dropping hints or surprising us with important subtle details, he saved it all for the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment