Friday, September 20, 2013

"Jellicoe Road" by Melina Marchetta - 419 Pages


When I first opened this book, I didn’t think I would enjoy it. The first chapter was a bit confusing, and the plot didn’t really interest me. Once I began to reading it though, I couldn’t put it down, and this is easily one of the best books I’ve ever read.

Taylor Markham was abandoned by her mother when she was eleven at the 7-11 on Jellicoe Road. She was taken in by a local woman and enrolled at the Jellicoe School, where she grows into a young woman. Taylor knows virtually nothing about her past, and when Hannah, her guardian, disappears, the secrets begin to pour out. With the help of her friends and Jonah Griggs, an infuriatingly charming boy she once considered her biggest enemy, Taylor embarks on a quest to unwrap a 17 year old secret about Jellicoe Road that will reveal who she truly is. This book made me laugh, cry, and nearly every emotion in between. Taylor’s story will stick with me for awhile and I highly recommend it.


Reviewed by Alli Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment